Poisoning in a dog can arise from the ingestion of poisonous chemicals (for disinfection, for plants, from rodents, etc.), drugs, spoiled food or water from contaminated sources. Poisoning of a dog manifests itself quickly enough and is usually very difficult, it can even become chronic. You should immediately take action, contact your veterinarian and begin treatment so that the animal does not die.
The symptoms of food poisoning in dogs are not much different from a foodborne infection. The main ones are vomiting, then diarrhea (this sequence is the main difference between poisoning in dogs and infection). Sometimes vomiting is accompanied by involuntary urination and bowel movements. From poisons, bleeding can begin, an admixture of blood in the urine and feces.
Quick and effective help will be provided by a doctor if it is known how the dog was poisoned. But even if you are unable to determine the cause of the poisoning, the need to take action only increases. You need to eliminate the toxic effect of a harmful substance as soon as possible.
Immediately eliminate contact of the animal with suspicious substances or food that could cause poisoning.
Pour 1 tablespoon saline solution into the dog by force. for 1 glass of water. This will induce vomiting. Then give adsorbents (for example, activated carbon, polysorb or enterodesis, etc.).
If the dog is lethargic and signs of poisoning do not go away for more than 2-4 hours, give him a cleansing enema with a weak solution of potassium permanganate and give sodium or magnesium sulfate as a laxative.
Be sure to offer plenty of drinks to your pet. If the animal refuses, pour water in by force - the liquid will reduce the concentration of the poisons that have been absorbed into the blood.
Whatever the poisoning, the right drugs for the central nervous system, pain relievers and, of course, vitamins.
Only a veterinarian can determine the need and prescribe special antidotes - antidotes.